Life Coaching for you!
Do you have a desire to grow in every area of your life? Maybe you have a goal or desire that seems like a “wild dream” that you would like to accomplish! Do you desire to perform at your best, being purposeful in every area of life?
Why go it alone when a coach can help you get from where you are to where you want to be so much faster!
“Life coaching is all about guiding, encouraging & fostering an individual’s personal development. Life Coaches help clients to recognize and understand their own personal power. They encourage clients to be themselves, to expand beyond their own limitations and to become stronger and more fully alive human beings. “(Coach Training Alliance, CTA)
An article in Newsweek Magazine offered this description of life coaches:
“Part consultant, part motivational speaker, part therapist, and part rent-a-friend, coaches work with managers, entrepreneurs, and just plain folks, helping them define and achieve their goals—career, personal, or most often, both.
Life Coaching is all about helping you to clarify what you want in your life, and then helping you get from where you are to where you want to be.
What makes Life Coaching effective?
Coaching in any area of life works because it brings out the best in you!
“Coaching is a co-creative relationship. Both individuals use all their knowledge, resources, skills & intuition to problem solve.
Coaching is a support system that provides a client with an accountability partner, truthful dialogue and new perspectives – all designed to create BIG shifts in thinking. This creates forward movement towards goals. The weekly continuity builds a foundation of trust.
Coaching is an investment in one self. Anyone can benefit if they choose it for themselves. A client shows that they value themselves enough to invest in a process that will help them become who they want to be.
Coaching is magical. When two or more people focus positively on a vision, the result is synergy – dynamically moving forward. Coaching enables this more than many other professional relationships because the coach holds no agenda other than the client’s. “(CTA)
What is the Coach’s Role ?
This is some of what Life coaches DO with you the client:
* set appropriate boundaries and policies
* let you, the client, determine the agenda for each session
* listen to you, the client, on multiple levels continually
* ask powerful, direct questions
* genuinely appreciate, endorse, & support you
* take the risk to be wrong rather than holding back important truths
* assist in setting goals, planning, and strategizing
* give perspectives, options, and suggestions to create awareness and catalyze your own solutions
* make powerful requests to deepen your process between sessions
* uphold the highest professional standards & ethical guidelines
What is your role as a Client?
As a client you are already a highly functioning individual who chooses to work with a coach in order to make more progress towards your goals and dreams than you would on your own.
As a client you:
* supply the agenda or topic of discussion for each session
* are responsible for your own feelings, decisions and actions
* share truth with your coach
* follow through with your own work
* show up physically & energetically to sessions
(Above information taken from Coach Training Alliance course)
For more information about Life Catalyst Coaching (including personal Financial Fitness Coaching) and about booking your Free Sample Session email or phone :
Certified Professional Coach
Coach Training Alliance